I’ve been trying to get myself to be more motivated lately, but I’ve been about as successful as a Cleveland Browns quarterback.
As you can tell from the title, this short post will be about two thoughts I had this morning. The first is more of a planned thought, while the other is another instance of the randomness that bounces around my head.
Thought #1: If you haven’t added your choice for Fiction’s Greatest Assassin yet, Please go comment on this post right here. Any entry received before midnight (my time) on Monday will be put into a poll to see who the blogosphere thinks is Fiction’s Greatest Assassin.
Thought #2: Twisted Metal 2 was an awesome game. I wasn’t a fan of any of the other Twisted Metal games, but 2 was great.
Anyways, I hope you all have a nice weekend!
Here we are again. Another day that I will beguile you with the randomness that jumps around in my mind…. Now I have the song Jump Around in my head. I came to get down, I came to get down so get out your seat and jump around!
- I didn’t watch any of the CW hero shows as they were going on this past season, so it wasn’t until they put them up on Netflix recently that I was able to watch the big crossover event that they did. I have one thing to say about it: Ehhh.
- The show Castle was about a novelist helping the police solve murders. What you may not know is that they actually had someone ghostwrite the novels that the character Castle writing on the series. They’re actually pretty good. Not great, but pretty good. If you were a fan of the show, you should check them out.
- I came to get down, I came to get down
So get out your seat and jump around!
- Godsmack does a cover of Metallica’s Nothing Else Matters. The music is all piano, which I actually like. And while I also like their lead singer’s voice, I just don’t think it works for this song, so I’m torn about it.
- I told you all it was my brother’s birthday yesterday and not one of you said “Happy Birthday” in the comments. For shame….
- I’m wondering if there’s a specific number of these thoughts that I should strive to achieve when I do these posts, or if I should just wing it. After all, it is about randomness. However, I feel like I should give as much content as I can. What does Confucius say?
- I Googled his quotes and the first one to pop up was: “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.”
- Apparently, Confucius thinks I should go on forever.
- That’s not going to happen, dead Chinese philosopher guy.
- I’m now separating every sentence for no apparent reason.
- That’s rather odd, don’t you think?
- I should probably stop now.
Have a good day everyone!
It’s that time again, dear readers. It’s time for me to inflict the randomness that infects my head onto you. I know, I know. You can hate me for it later.
This thought is centered around a show that Baby E watches off of Disney Junior called Sofia the First.
In it, the princess, Sofia, wears a magical amulet. This amulet’s magic depends on how good you are as a person. If you do good things, like help people out, it gives you good powers. If you’re bad, such as acting like a stuck up bitch, it will curse you until you right whatever wrong you committed.
Seems simple enough, right?
Well, one of the running stories in the show is that the kingdom’s bumbling sorcerer is always trying to steal the amulet from Sofia because he thinks the amulet will help him take over the kingdom.
Once again, sounds pretty simple.
However, there’s a problem that occurs when you combine those two things. Stealing the amulet is a bad thing, so it would curse him if he did end up stealing it from her. But, for the sake of argument, let’s say he somehow found a way to convince her to give him the amulet. There’d still be a problem. He’s planning on using it to overthrow the rightful king and queen of the kingdom, also a very bad thing.
So, either way, the amulet he’s been trying so hard to acquire, the one he’s spontaneously broken into song about repeatedly, would actually hinder his attempts to take over the kingdom because it would curse him as soon as he tried to use it.
I realize this is a kids’ show, and I’m probably overthinking this, but shouldn’t their shows make sense, if only for the incredibly bored parents that are being force to watch this drivel?
Granted, there are about two seasons worth of episodes that we don’t have access to (only the first two seasons are on Netflix), so maybe they’ve finally addressed this stupidity. I can only hope so. If not, when they finally release new episodes on Netflix, I’ll be forced to endure more of the pain.
It was suggested that my first post of NaBloPoMo be an introduction. I’m not very good at talking about myself, so this will probably cause more questions than answers. I’ll endeavor to give it a go regardless.
On this here blogosphere, I go by the name Revis Edgewater. I am 38 years old. I’m married to the most beautiful and incredible woman on the planet (Mrs. Revis), and we have a 4 year old daughter together (Baby E). They are everything to me. Now, because they are everything to me, and the weekends are really the only time we get to spend together, I’m going to be reposting a serial story that I did a while ago on Saturdays and Sundays this month. I chose this story for a couple of reasons. 1. I just reread it recently and, even if it’s not my best work, I really enjoyed writing it. 2. While you can find it on my blog, it was actually originally posted on StuphBlog, the blog I used to share with my brother.
I have been blogging on here for around 6 years now. I have not been as big a part of the blogging community as I would like. That’s mainly because most of my free time is devoted either to spending time with my girls, or working on numerous writing projects. I have one solo project going on. I also have a couple that I’m working on with my writing partner, Matt of The Matticus Kingdom.
As far as a theme of this blog, or an answer as to what it’s all about…. there is none.
What you see on this blog are just the ramblings of my mind. That can be stories, a few poems, things that happen to me, or just random stuff that pops into my head. There really is no rhyme or reason to the things that I post. I just post on whatever comes to mind and hope people like it.
So, if you like what you read, you’re welcome to keep coming back. If not, no hard feelings. Either way, I hope you have a great day.
I love Star Wars. (That’s not much of a revelation, but it is the start of this line of thought, so stick with me.)
One of the cool things about it is that, even though the last of the original trilogy came out over 30 years ago and I’ve watched them all over a hundred times, there are still some things that I never noticed in them. Granted, it doesn’t happen as often as it used to, since I’ve seen them so much, but it still happens.
Normally, when I notice these things, it’ll be something that is inconsequential, like a character or ship in the background that I never saw before. Today, while at work, this thing popped into my head randomly without me having to watch the movie. It is definitely not inconsequential. It has the possibility of changing quite a bit in the Star Wars universe. Continue reading
Today is Thursday. That means it’s my day to post. I’ve been sick the past couple of days, so I really haven’t felt like thinking about writing anything. Because of that, I didn’t really think of a post topic.
So, how do I post if I don’t have a topic? It’s simple.
I went to the almighty Google and looked up some random questions for me to answer. After all, who needs a post topic if all you’re doing is answering questions? Brilliant, I tell you!
So, I picked the first 10 questions on the list, and I will answer them for you. Here we go!