Hey, everybody. It’s time for the newest episode of Versus. This time it will be a battle royal, with you, the readers deciding the outcome. A week ago, I put up a post asking for you to tell me who you think Fiction’s Greatest Assassin is. I received a good number of answers. So, I will be putting the nominees in a list below, along with the arguments that the people who nominated made for them. At the bottom of the page, I will be putting a poll up for everyone to vote on.
If you are one of the people who nominated a character, be sure to tell everyone to come vote. We want this to be biggest voter turnout yet for Versus (though that’s not going to take much, to be honest).
ONTO THE BATTLE!!!
- Nominated by Jessie : Fitz – hands down.
Because he’s an excellent assassin but he can’t ever seem to control his heart. Which thinking about it doesn’t make him unique in the assassin world… perhaps it’s just that last time I read a book with him in it Robin Hobb had me convinced that *I* had a black eye, that I was actually Fitz. And when a writer sucks you in that completely how can you not love their character?
- Jodi Lea says: I’m thinking Medusa. Why? Because she seduced her prey to come to her, and because she really rocked a bad-hair day.
- faithhopechocolate weighed in with: Lord Vetinari, patrician of Ankh Morpork. Why? Because he graduated from the Guild of Assassins and now rules the city and surrounding areas, having created peace by being a quiet but reasonable tyrant who hasn’t done any killing himself for years that we know of, by using all the tricks he learnt about sneaking around and gathering information so that the Guild of Assassins have actually taken him off their books.
- Jaded’s choice is: Anton Chigurh. Pure business, no compassion, and to my knowledge has never been caught.
- Firewaves21 has the opinion: I think the white walkers might be fictions greatest assassins. Those guys are bad ass and pretty darn scary. I know we are all waiting on the edge our seats to see if anyone, anything, can defeat them. eeeek
- djmatticus has his two cents: Fictions greatest assassin is: la femme Nikita.
She starts as a drug addict, is forced into an impossible decision, makes the best of it through force of will, and ends up surpassing the people who trained her.
- And last, because that’s how I roll, is my choice: Deadpool. There’s a book that’s called “Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe” that shows Deadpool assassinating every single Marvel character there is. Spider-Man, Hulk, Captain America, even Galactus. If you can kill every Marvel character there is, then you are Fiction’s Greatest Assassin. Plus, you know, he’s Deadpool, so that also makes him Fiction’s Coolest Assassin.
There you have it folks. There are the choices. Be sure to cast your vote in the poll below. Good luck to everyone who nominated someone.