Since there have been many of these movies lately, and more on the way, I decided to give my opinion on which ones should be done next. Some of these I want to see done because of my comic book geekery. Some of them I want to see done because…. well, it’d just be awesome.
I’d like to start off by saying that I don’t pay enough attention to movie news to know if any of these are actually in production or not. For all I know, all 5 of them are filming right now (which would be 33 grams of kick ass). Of course, a couple of these will never be made unless I win the lottery or something. Let’s start off with the first one on my list.
- Daredevil (Remake): The Daredevil movie was incredibly disappointing, and not just because they cast Ben Affleck as Daredevil. He got the part just because he’s a name and is a huge Daredevil fan. That didn’t make him right for the part, however. They also totally screwed up the movie with the script. The movie contained Bullseye, The Kingpin, and Elektra. That’s idiotic. It should’ve been a trilogy with each one of them getting their own movie. Part one is Daredevil vs. Bullseye. Part two is Daredevil vs. The Kingpin. And part three is Daredevil and Elektra vs. The Hand. Trying to cram as many characters as you can into one movie has never worked out well (See Batman and Robin).
- The Darkness: This would be a great movie….as long as it’s based on the original Garth Ennis run on the series. It was dark, it was funny, and it was a really good story. The Darkness is a badass. He’s gotten his own video game (2 of them actually). Now it’s time to give him a movie.
- Howard the Duck (Remake): All I have to say about this is: Howard the Duck played by Tom Cruise. I just blew up the epicness meter.
- Green Lantern (Remake): They wanted the original to be their version of Iron Man. Iron Man launched The Avengers movie, and DC wanted this to do the same for the Justice League. It didn’t work out that way. Like Daredevil, they tried to do too much at once. I know almost nothing about Green Lantern and even I knew that they screwed the script in this movie. It also should’ve been broken down into a trilogy. The first movie should’ve been about that weird scientist guy. The second movie should’ve been about Sinestro. The third one should’ve been against Parallax. Seriously, Hollywood, stop putting 3 or 4 named characters in each movie.
- Ambiguously Gay Duo: Would making this movie get the filmmaker crucified by just about every LGBT group out there? Probably. Should someone make it anyways? Hell yeah. It probably wouldn’t work as well as a 90 minute long movie as it does as a 5 minute cartoon, but it would still be epically awesome. Don’t believe me? Watch this.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPhV29Ho108
There are mine. What about all of you? Are there any comic book/superhero movies that you’d like to see made/remade?